Monday, July 8, 2013

Week of Change

Hello Errybody,
  So I know that I say this every week, but this week its for reals....too much too say in too little time.
  We did indeed go teaching with President and Sister Porter, it was stressing me out a bit, but it was great.  He let us have control of the lesson and when he did interject it was at times that we needed and it always fit perfectly with what our investigator needed.
  I LOVE President and Sister Porter!!!! They are so fantastic! They are kind, warm, inviting, so loving, and the presence around them is fabulous! I am so happy that I am under them for the rest of my mission.  When I met them there was just an absolute feeling of love, it was amazing.
  We had a meeting with them, and their youngest son Brian on Tuesday.  Brian is going to be a senior this year, and I think he is really great to have such a great attitude about moving to Ohio to finish off HS.
  I can't even begin to tell you how much I learned from that meeting.  Pres. Porter broke down D&C 121:45 for us and we talked about how bowels are the centermost part, garnish is to enhance and how we need to always enhance our thoughts and so on....too much to write to tell you all of it!  But I'll tell you what it was amazing! He talked about how imp it is for us to realize that we were sent out at a specific time and to a specific Mission Pres to learn specific things.  It made me realize I need to go back and decide what it was I was to learn from my time under President Nilsen.  He went thru and told us so many amazing things I wish I could tell you all of it. At the new Mission Pres. training in the MTC this year all 15 of the Apostles and First Presidency spoke. This is actually the first time that has ever happened, so that definitely puts some perspective on what is going on with missionary work right now huh? :)
  Skipping right along.....Late Tues. night President called and talked to Sis. Ward for a while and then said he would call back.  So a little bit after 10:30 on Tuesday I found out that I was going to be  a part of an emergency transfer.  So I have a new comp now, her name is Sister Palmberg, and she was a part of the Indianapolis Mission that got brought into our mission.  Her and her comp got split up and she is training me and Sister Parker her previous Comp. is now training Sister Denison.  President decided to do this so that he can have Sister Ward go thru-out the whole mission training all the Sister Training Leaders before she leaves. 
  So basically this week has been very very different.  I guess being in a trio was too easy for me or something, not that I'm expecting this to be hard, its just different.  Also it is a bit of an adjustment because we are still living with the Blackhams, so 5 Sisters in the basement is a change.  So far so good though.  Also imp to note Brother Blackham is on a trip to Alaska on his motorcycle...by himself, until July 28th.  He actually left on your Birthday Mom. 
  So Wed was my last day in Eastgate, and now I am in Cherry Grove which is in the same District, we are now just doubled in with the Elders one of which is the DL.  It is a little bit hard, because I was beginning to know my way around Eastgate, and to be moved midtransfer is more than I was bargaining on, but the ward has been really nice.  I think that we are the first Sister Missionaries....or at least the first in as long as anyone can remember.  So there ya have it.  July 4th was our first day in Cherry Grove, since the Sisters didn't get to Eastgate until after 10:30 Wed. night. 
  July 4, 5, 6th were very very rainy.  It is the weirdest thing to me that you are all dying of heat, and no precipitation, and we have heat, and humidity, and lots and lots of rain.  It really rained almost all day those three days.  Also equally weird to me is the fact that it is rainy, but hot. Everytime I ask Sister Blackham if its cold outside, and she looks at me and laughs and says not in Ohio.  Something to get used to I guess.
  This last week in Personal Study I spent a few days reading Elder Cooks GCT from this last Conference.  I would definitely suggest you all take the time to read it.  It is on Personal Peace and it was really great for me, so I bet it would be good for all of you as well.  I have also been working on developing more humility.  I have come to realize that there is a lot more to Humility than I had previously thought.  As we all develop humility it is interesting to learn that our self-control will grow in all things, I really like to think that as I continue to work on this thru-out my life that I can better control all aspects of my life.  I think too often we do not realize how much self-control we really need, because it is a part of everything.  We need self-control in time management and food and thoughts, and so so much more.  It really is amazing. D&C 12:8 is one of the scriptures that was helping me to think so much deeper on this attribute. 
  I have also been reading in 3rd Nephi, and I am amazed at all I am learning on the Atonement, it feels like the more I learn the more I come to see how important it is that we keep learning about it, because honestly as humans we can never completely understand it.  I love thinking about the fact that He did it for me, personally and individually. It has really helped me to realize that Christ has walked my path, before I have even thought about what choice I am going to make He knows which way I am going to go.  He is right there with me, and He continues to love and support me in all that I do, even when I don't choose Him.  Being on a mission has definitely made me realize that even tho I never did a bunch of bad things, I still wasn't being the best person I can truly be. I am learning so much more about the gospel and myself, and how the 2 are so interconnected that I cannot even fathom not having it be a part of my life, it is so important to me, and I want you all to know that I have a testimony of a very loving Heavenly Father.  He is all knowing and He loves us, even when we make mistakes.  I know that Jesus Christ is truly divine, and what He did, He did for each individual person.  He has a perfect love for each of us, and I know that even tho we cannot be perfect in this life as long as we do everything in our power to follow Him, He can help us make up our difference. I know Joseph Smith is a Prophet and He did see a vision.  My testimony of that grows stronger and stronger each time I share it, and hear it!
I love you all so much,
                                      Love Sister Julie Ann :)
 
Thank you for your sympathy!!  Lice stinks, so my suggestion to you, is to never get it.  K nuff said.  SO I have been listening to the Work lately and you would not believe how much more of a meaning those songs have to me now.  I am so much more in love with it, than I was before I left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment