Monday, June 17, 2013

Real Life Missionary

What's Up Peeps??
  So this week I feel all legit, since I'm a real missionary.  And I will be in the Cincinnati Mission instead of Columbus, so I kinda hope you haven't already got my plaque...but whatere!  I have an assignment for you all.  Ready hymn 145 and really pay attention to the lyrics.  It will make you really think about the way you pray.  That is one thing that has really changed for me, my prayers are way more sincere than they ever were before.  But you have to really think about it and have a discussion about it because then you will all learn so much more.  I got to meet Elder Mervyn Arnold, so that was way cool.  When he walked into our class you could feel the difference, he had such an amazing power about him, so that was amazing to shake his hand twice and hug his wife twice, I feel so privileged!!
  Yesterday a family in the ward had a bunch of us "Fatherless Children" over for dinner.  They are so very nice and the meal was fabulous! The father is actually the guy that makes the LDS action heros, and he let us choose one, so I am the proud new owner of Ammon. That also made me feel pretty legit! Haha But anyways we went around the table and each said something that we had learned and one of the bug boys (Jared) said that when they were discussing the Word of Wisdom in D&C 89 verse 21 is pretty powerful and we usually skip over it. But anyways he said by obeying the word of Wisdom we are protecting ourselves from the Destroying angel.  I honestly know that is true! WofW problems are pretty prevalent here, and I can already see that that is something we are going to have to work pretty hard at getting people to understand. 
  In church we went to the Gospel Principles class and we were talking about the HG and the power of prayer.  For me it was stressed the importance of praying out loud, because it shows your faith, you believe that your prayers really can be answered. I think that is very important, so I would challenge you all to pray out loud...at least every once in a while.
  Alright now for the big news.....as for my companion.  I actually have two.  Sister Ward is my trainer, and this is her last transfer, and the picture that Sis. Gold sent was me and Sister Denison.  We were in the same District back in the MTC and now we are companions.  Long story short this last weekend we had to do a few lessons on our own, which was slightly/extremely terrifying.  Sis Ward had to be w/ her minis so it literally was just the two of us and the spirit.  I am so grateful for the spirit, because it is so helpful to feel him guiding me.  I know that by listening to him I can learn so much more than if I try to do it on my own.  Being in a trio is a bit of a different experience, but I am grateful that the Lord trusts me enough to be in Eastgate.  This area has had 13 baptisms this year already, and the ward is so mission centered, it is incredible.
  One blessing I have already felt is love for the people. I was so afraid that I wouldn't feel love for them, but I really already do.  I am so terrified to open my mouth and speak to them, but I do feel like the Lord is blessing me to have a love for them!
  MoTab was excellent...in case you were wondering.  I was dead tired tho. Also the humidity was pretty apparent on Wednesday when we flew in, but it hasn't been so bad since. 
  I love you all, but I have one request.  Don't write me long emails!!!! If you want to write a lot please send a letter! I don't have much time to read novels when I am emailing so if you could keep them kinda short and to the point I would appreciate that a lot!!!
Lots and lots of love to you,
Sister Christiansen
Also I can't tell you how much I love hearing my name from you all.....I am quite attached to it still :)


Me and my Comps
Sister Denison, Sister Ward, and Sister Christiansen

 Columbus Temple
It is really super beautiful, and it might be the only time I actually see it, so I am glad I got a picture of it to send to you!

My Favorite Elders.....
 They tried their best to spell Ohio

MTC District
Back row: Elder Erickson, Elder Beutler, Elder Nelson, Elder Silvester
Sister Baldridge, Sister Johnson, Sister Penrod, Sister Denison, Sister Ribeira, Me and Sister Nalls
I Love them so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment