Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Muncie 1 is oh so fun!!!

Hey everyone!!
  I hope that your day is super fabulous and a little warmer than the 50 degrees we are rocking in................Muncie, IN. Yep its true folks, I have left OH for the first time of my whole mission.  I thought I'd never leave, and boy do I miss its warmer temperatures.  Every morning we go out running I feel like I am going to die of coldness......not really, but it really is quite chillier than Ohio is right now, but who knows since I left it might have gotten colder too.
  Moving right along, I am companions with Sister Jacobson, who is super great. I feel like I am already learning tons from her.  She extends baptism like a boss.......to everyone we talk to, its pretty great.  We get along really well, which is fabulous.  We are over 4 sets of Sisters, so that is a bit of a change for me, since I am used to only 2 sets.  But it will be good. We sat down and already planned out our exchanges for the whole transfer.  My Zone Leaders are Elder Chamberlain and Elder Barfuss, they are really nice too, so that is that info for you.  
  I think I'll do things a little differently this time round. I will still do the weekly round-up but I also have specific things that I want to share so I'm going to make sure I get to those things. But here goes:
  Monday: I said goodbye to some peeps in the hood of Englewood! Haha it was weird knowing that I was peacing out after such a long time there.  The hardest was saying goodbye to the Eyong family!! I love them sooo very much! They always made me feel tons better when I was having a hard day, even if Patrick would laugh at me and call me the baby :)
  Tuesday: I was a wreck, I was super nervous about who my new compadre would be, but no worries, I have a legit one so we are all good. We had a bit of a change up w/ the Assistants. One of them got released and is now in a trio of Zone Leaders, it was crazy!!  Then off I went to the land of Indiana. Our poor co-driver had kidney stones so the journey was a bit difficult for him.  I utilized the extra travel time for some sleeping. I figured I had nothing better to do so might as well enjoy the wonderful zzzzzzz time.  We visited a few people and it was all and all a good day.
  Wednesday: We had a meeting with the Zone Leaders......at the institute building. Because guess what!?! There is a college campus in the middle of my area!!! Isn't that exciting! I get to see regular people my own age every day of my life in Muncie.  We drive thru campus everyday, and I must say Ball State has a gorgeous campus.  But anyways back from that sidenote, the Institute building is in the midst of frat houses. Its this cute yellow house. Then we did some other things, went and took birthday cookies to a LA, and she gave us some delicious cupcakes. I learned a caboodle of things from this lady in our ward who is intense into gardening. She freezes a billion things, and cans and is super prepared with food so she doesn't have to buy spices and other such things, it was pretty cool. Then we had a meeting with the Bishop. He is super great!!! He is very missionary minded and is way into making sure that things are happening here, it is pretty awesome to see.  I almost forgot to add in this sweet miracle we had. We had an appointment, but the people weren't there, so I offered a card to this girl, and then another one came over to get one too. But she was pretty young, and we were talking w/ her for a bit, and then asked if her mom would be interested, so she takes us over to her apartment and says "Mom there are some people here to see you" Then she proceeds to beg her mom to let us in, it was so cool. Her mom is super fabulous by the way and we have been back once and have another appointment tonight.
  Thursday: We had dinner with the cutest family! They are super great, and there kids are quite simply dolls. Then we had a few lessons w/ Leigh. Sooo I have to super quick tell you a bit about Linda. First off she is awesome, second off, I think she has come out teaching with us 5 out of the 6 days I've been here.  We go and grab Miss Leigh and then she shares her testimony with people and it is fabulous.  It is so nice having people that are available to come w/ us. We met this kid named Kenneth, who reminds me soooo much of Kent, it is slightly crazy. It is so true that everyone has a double in the world.
  Friday: We had lunch w/ the nicest lady ever!! Unfortunately she lives just over the train tracks that separate Muncie 1 and Muncie 2 so we are going to have to pass her off, but she is fabulous.  Then we had a meeting w/ the RS Pres. who is also super grand. Dinner w/ the Single Adults (of our ward) They fed us quite the meal. It was good. Then we had a lesson and the guy that came out teaching w/ us is from Johannesburg South Africa.....isn't that the coolest thing you've ever heard? I have met more people from Africa than I ever imagined I would by coming to OH and IN. We had another lesson w/ our inv w/ a baptismal date of Oct 11.  
  Saturday: Our apartment was being reroofed and we had some watermelon in our fridge that Sister Jacobson cut up and put in a bowl and then we took it out to them, but she made me be the deliverer, so I walked over to this guy and said this is for you, gave it to him and walked away.  Then I backed her out and we headed away and they all gave us big smiles and waves. Lesson learned give workers treats and they'll be your best friends :)  We went and did some service of peeling and cutting apples which was pretty fun.  Had dinner w/ the cutest family. They both went to USU and were majoring in Exercise Science too. Connections are just grand. Actually there are a ton of people that are connected to USU funnily enough. 
  Sunday: Primary Program!! Too cute, it was simply fabulous ;) Also WC is divine. They sit and discuss things and are wonderful to watch at work. We had dinner w/ the Horowitz and some Ball Academy girls, and a foreign exchange student from China who is getting her masters at Ball. It was so fun, and delicious.  We taught a lady named Sunny who is the sweetest thing ever!! She is great and is coming to the Women's Broadcast on Saturday which I am very excited about. I can't wait to go and listen to that wonderful stuff!!!!  Last night I had an unfortunate encounter with some dog poo......it got all over my shoe, and our car mat, so luckily Sister Jacobson had some wipes and I went and put it down and she shined the car lights at me while I cleaned it off......however the smell did not dissipate, and we are still left with the remnants today!!!  Talk about bummer eh?  To end off our night we went chalking which was ooohhh so fun!!!
  This week we have bunches of stuff to do, like 2 exchanges and who knows what else. I hope that you all have a glorious day!!!

Love,
         Sister Christiansen

I almost forgot!

President Burdett is awesome!! I already got to shake his hand 3 times.....in one day! and he holds a call every week w/ the leaders of the Zones in the Stake so that is super cool. Also I went from a being the only set in a ward, to 4 other sets in the same city as me....weird!

I love you all, and think its fabulous you got to go to the Dedication of the Ogden temple!! That is sweet! I want to go to it when I go home :)

Lots of love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment