Monday, July 28, 2014

Record Breaking Week!!

Hey one, Hi All!
  So it sounds like all of you have been nice and busy this past week! What do you know, we have too!!!!!
  Sister Colton and I have been having so much fun together, and we are seeing miracles, like 20 billion times a day.  I honestly can't believe how much the Lord is Blessing us! But I'll tell you what, I'll take it :)   
  Some of our number highs this week were: 40 lessons taught, 16 member present, 11 baptism extensions, and yep it was pretty darn exciting.
  I have some seriously awesome stories, so I hope you all enjoy these!!!!
One investigator that I love lots is an 18 yr old girl, and we decided to take a younger ward member w/ us to visit her, he is 22, (sorta unneeded but slightly necessary info).  Her older sister happened to be there and she started talking about how she grew closer to God and wanted to leave behind all the other things like: drinking, and smoking, and sexual relations, and then she continued talking, however her younger sister got caught on the sexual relations part and pointed out that she has a few kids. Then she turned to us and asked all 3 of us individually if we were virgins.  Haha soooo funny!! We all assured her that we were, and she believed me, but she wasn't sure about the other 2. Needless to say it was hilarious, and quite an interesting turn of conversation to say the least.  We had made cookies that day to take to people and since we felt kinda bad that our member had been in such an interesting conversation we gave him a bag of cookies.  Don't worry he wasn't scarred for life or anything like that, and it seems like he's still cool w/ coming out w/ us.
  We were teaching Dan the other day and we were outside, and this group of kids walked over asked what we were doing and ended up joining us for the lesson.  We got one new investigator that day, and later in the week when we went back to teach our little friend we got 2 more. Kids and the gospel, its a good thing they like it. I love how when they hear it, it just makes sense to them and they feel the spirit and want to learn more. Cool how that works huh?
  We had the most spiritual church tour of my life with Audra!! Oh my goodness it was amazing!! She almost cancelled on us, but then she decided not to, and boy are we glad she didn't.  The member that was with us was awesome too!!!  She felt the spirit so, so much and it was fantastic. She accepted a baptism date of August 23rd, so we are working towards that ;)
  Brother Dupre came out with us, and we had an awesome time with him.  He is a spiritual powerhouse. One of my absolute favorites that I have ever had come out teaching with us.
  In random news, I ate clam chowder for the first and last time in my life. The more I have eaten seafood the more I have truly realized that it really isn't for me! That was my happy Birthday Karen dinner in case you were wondering.
  Sister Colton helped Patrick w/ his computer woes, and potentially became his favorite. We almost died 3 times with some cute members. Sometimes its not worth saving the miles is what I've decided. :)  
  We spent some time w/ a cute family in the Spanish Branch. They were so excited to see Sisters, but unfortunately I know zilch in the Spanish Language....but they loved us nonetheless.
  Friday we were on exchanges w/ Greenville. I was w/ Sister Bergeson, and I learned a ton, not sure if she did :) We had some sweet lessons.
  I promised Jeremy some jokes, so if you have any please let me know!!!
 The Gospel is the most amazing thing ever! and there is nothing I love more than being a missionary!! Thanks for all your love and support, it means the world :)

Have a killer week. And my best advice to you Kammie is don't pull out directly into oncoming traffic, otherwise you'll do great!!

Love,
        Sister Christiansen

PS this is my insert from my letter to President
But I have to say Sister Colton and I have seen so many miracles together, and we have had so much fun! I look back on our week and I realize that we accomplished a lot, but at the same time there was definitely many areas where we could have actually done more and seen even more miracles.  The Lord has definitely blessed us so much.  We run around all day like chickens with our heads cut off, but at the end of the day we still get a lot done, which is somewhat surprising because we sometimes seem to have no direction.
  One of my highlights of the week was when we had a semi awkward lesson with one of our investigators and member of the ward.  We are teaching this 18 year old girl and so we took a younger member of the ward with us.  Her older sister ended up bringing the conversation around to not keeping the law of chastity. So then our investigator ended up asking all 3 of us individually if we were virgins, it was pretty hilarious.  Needless to say we kinda need to watch out when she starts asking questions. :)


Hi Everyone! This is my new district! Me, Sister Colton, Elder Crawford and Tavake (Zone Leaders in Dayton), and Elder Campbell and Giblette (E. Campbell is the district leader and they are in Dayton too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment